Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Overview

The Dollar is down 1.3% right now for the day and surprisingly the markets didn't move upward very much. I think this is a sign of at least a short term decoupling of the Dollar from the US exchanges, something thats actually more normal than what we've seen recently. The dollar is under a lot of pressure right now from both our foreign creditors who may be starting to diversify their holdings, and also from within as US investors begin to move their money into the more attractive markets. So I think that the decline of the dollar will continue at least for a short time until we hit the next resistance point.

I also think that the markets are due, as I said previously, for a correction sometime soon which may bring the dollar some support. They traded pretty much sideways today as early gains were chewed up by the later day selling.

Oil Prices were up 3.7% to 69.45 today which is great for anyone that listened to me previously and has been buying into the dips; I'm sure there will be more to come.
The facts shows higher oil prices in the coming years with a declining supply, aging infrastructure, increasing demand from emerging markets, etc. so enjoy the ride it should be a good one.

Anyway, thats my cap for the week, remember to get yourself into a solid Canadian Gold or Silver company if you haven't already. Its going to be a money maker, as well as oil, alternative energy, and other commodities.
Another thing I've been thinking about recently is the world's water supply. Places like China have a horrible fresh water situation, and the demand is only growing with the industrialization and population. I'll post on this in more depth next week.
For now have a great weekend!